Matt has been in Seattle for work the last week. He found out he was going on short notice, and we decided it would be a good idea for me to join him for a few days during the weekend. It was such a nice break for me to get away. The trip was perfect for me. Just long enough to relax a bit, and see some new scenery. Corinne stayed here with Grandma Joyce and some family friends for a few days. There is so much to explain about the trip, but I will try to do it shortly as possible. I uploaded many more pics to facebook. Blogger is much slower with the upload, so take a look at the rest of the pictures on facebook by clicking here
The first day into Seattle, Matt and I visited Pikes Market. I can't explain how amazing this place is...Fresh fish, fresh fruit, flowers, veggies, spices etc. Amazing smells, amazing sights, it was great.
Second day we had an awesome brunch at a place called Salty's, and then walked along Alki Beach.
Monday, my RA from college, Allison, drove in to visit. She is several hours away so it made me feel very special that she took the time to see us. She was such a blessing to be with for a couple of days.


The above and below pictures were taken at the Seattle Aquarium. Audie was a trooper the whole trip. She was agreeable and easy. Below is Allison and me outside the aquarium.


This picture may be too small to really see- so look on facebook for the bigger pic. But in Pikes Market at one of the fish stands, when someone buys fresh fish, they throw it from the ice table back to the guys behind the counter who wrap it up for the person to take home. Well, they threw the fish over my head. I'm talkin' a big fish. I think the guys enjoyed it too much. But what a fun job to have! And a great experience and fun for us.

Alki Beach

This burger is from Red Mill burgers, voted best burger in Seattle many years in a row. I'd say it is one of the best burgers I've ever had. Definitely top 3. (And I'm hard to please!)


Holding a live lobster.

this is one of the vegetable sellers at the market. I wish I could explain what this experience was like. But there is no way I could explain the size, the smells, the people, the atmosphere, etc. I loved Seattle. I loved the "artsy-ness", and the "ecclectic-ness". Such a fun experience.
Great company with Matt, and it was awesome to see Allison again. I'd definitely reccommend Seattle to anyone who hasn't been!
No comments:
Post a Comment