Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The last 10 days...

The 10 days Matt was gone, went fast and slow at the same time. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's how it was. The first few days we planned activities in the evening time, and the full week he was gone, Corinne went to VBS and Audie went to Theater (day) camp with CYT. Both of them had a good time, and that helped the days to go by faster!
Maybe if you're lucky, Matt will post pics of his Brasil trip.

We went to the Botanical garden one evening. We took grandma, and it was perfect weather. While the girls rush through, I find it nice to read which plants are what, and stop to smell the roses. I'll maybe have to go by myself one evening to enjoy it to it's full potential. Still, the kids like the children's area, everything is hands on and a good experience!





Audie's camp was every day, from 9-3. At the end of the week, she had a showcase performance with all they'd learned. She talked about camp all week, and loved it. I'm happy she had the experience, and a good one at that!




While Corinne was at VBS, and Audie at camp, me and Selah had some good quality time together. I took her to get her ears pierced...

She had been asking for earrings. Several times over the last few weeks. I tried to tell her that it would hurt, but she never grasped that. I was very nervous to take her...she does not do well at all at the doctors office, and places like that. I asked the ladies if they would do two guns at once- over in one shot. They agreed, and that made me a bit more confident to go ahead with getting it done.

She didn't want to sit in the chair, and I knew she was going to cry. I kept reminding her that she would have earrings soon, and tried to distract her as much as possible. Two ladies put the guns to hear ears on each side, and in the earrings went! She flinched, then cried and put her head down and closed her eyes and didn't want to look up. I tried to get her to look at her earrings in the mirror and she didn't want to. Finally, the lady offered her some lip gloss, and that calmed her down.
 After we got to the car, she said, "that didn't hurt" and was pleased with her earrings. Also, she was proud to show them off to her sisters when we picked them up from camp.

Another day, we were invited to go to the zoo with some friends. I was happy to go to the zoo with just one kid...something I haven't done in years!! 


 Selah and her buddy Raef.

By Saturday, I was very ready for Matt to come home! I took the girls shopping at the mall that night, we each got one new shirt/outfit...and then had chick-fil-a for dinner. Matt returned the next day, and we were all happy to have him back!!

No comments: