Friday, November 01, 2013

Halloween 2013

This year's Halloween can be one to rate on top! Matt and I dressed up this year as Kip and LaFawnduh from Napoleon Dynamite. If you haven't seen the movie, you definitely should, but the movie has to be watched with the right crowd. It is very sarcastic, very random, and it won't be funny without someone to laugh with.
Fun Tidbit: On our first date, Matt and I watched Napoleon Dynamite after having dinner out.
And look where that first dinner and movie took us:


Matt could not have pulled off Kip better.
We enjoyed quoting lines from the movie all evening.
Even during the day yesterday, Matt sent me texts of lines from the movie
"I"m just pretty T.O.'ed right now, cause you haven't sent me a full body shot yet."

Corinne decided that she really wanted to include our friends' Great Dane, Quigley, as part of her costume. We came up with the idea of Little Red Riding Hood, and to dress Quigley up as the Big Bad Wolf posed as Granny. Quigley was a great sport, wearing the nightgown and scarf on his head. People that answered the door to our knocking, or other people walking by as trick-or-treaters were pretty impressed.
"Is that a....real dog?"
"I don't think I have ever seen a dog like that...up close!"
Along with the many little kids who were scared of such a big dog.

 Corinne took the reigns and led Quigley all around the neighborhood. She acted pretty proud of her costume, and pretty proud that she was the one walking the dog that everyone was gawking at.

Keenan and Brenda (they own the Great Dane) walked around with us as. Keenan put on his Bee Keeper suit...(is that what it's called?) and walked around with Selah, who dressed as a bee.



Notice in the photo below, Matt's dress socks with shorts.


We told the girls to say, "Trick or Treat" at the door, and then be sure to say, "Thank you" after the people gave them candy. As Selah turned around and walked down the stairs, she kept saying, "Did I do it right?"

I was so sad that I didn't get a pic of Audie in her full costume. She was a "Peacock Princess"
She wanted an eye mask- and I made her one, and then at the last minute, she ditched it.

We had a lot of fun!
Matt's mustache was so gross, I made him shave it off right away. I took some pictures of him with it, which I might post later. I"m glad he'll have his goatee back in just a couple of days!

No comments: