Thursday, October 03, 2013

How do you REALLY feel?



 How I Hate School
by Corinne (spelling corrections by mom)

There are dumb things in school. I can't do anything cause school gets in the way. I'd rather be playing or sleeping or something. That's why I hate school. School is so boring.
:::::::::::::::::::::
Corinne's paper was supposed to be written about finding five coins, and how much those five coins add up to. Instead, while pouting in the corner of the couch, she opted to write about how she hates school.

Of course, I didn't let this fly, and I threatened to email it to her teacher. It took her a couple hours, but she came around and wrote the story she was supposed to write. I keep reminding Corinne she doesn't know how good she has it, finishing her homeschool work in just a few hours, then having the rest of the day to do whatever she wants. Still, she does have her (rare) days, and today was one of them.

I appreciated the comic relief that came from her writing frustrations. This is one of the papers to put away and pull out in a decade, and let her laugh at herself.

No comments: