Thursday, April 11, 2013

The New Kitchen!

Our kitchen re-do is finally (almost) done! (I just have to collect a few more items to decorate with, and purchase a soap dispenser, things like that.) But everything else is in place, and I absolutely love how it turned out!


 We have been working on this for almost 7 weeks- I had totally forgotten what the "before" looked like. It is quite a change!



 We were able to get everything new and updated besides the fridge. I had been baking and cooking on a stove that is older than I am. While I am thankful that I had a stove, I am even more thankful to have one that cooks and bakes evenly...and has a timer...and a rapid boil option... I could go on and on. :)

We got a new rustic looking table...I really love it! I also love the eclectic chairs around it.


See my knife bar there to the left? One of my favorite things in the kitchen!
And below, my pot rack- also one of my favorite things. Okay, maybe everything is my favorite thing.

Cause I also love this Kiwi Bird picture.




I am so thrilled, and so thankful we were able to do this. THANK YOU MATT! Cause really, Matt did it for me. (He really is quite good to me) I just love the kitchen, and am excited to make more memories in it! My girls will have memories baking with me in this kitchen, I hope they remember that our dining table always had guests around it. When I get our family cookbook published (bucket list item #1) this is where the girls will remember eating the meals.

Here is your invitation to COME SEE our new kitchen. I'll bake you some cookies or make you a cup of coffee. (Mark- we can have a pizza throwdown!) It's only fair that I get to share with anyone and everyone.

2 comments:

Lauren Snodgrass said...

It looks so amazing! Great job, Matt!

followourlife said...

Ok, I finally had a chance to look! And I kind of feel like I don't get a feeling for the whole look of it! I want to see the "eclectic chairs" and stuff!!! That being said it does look great and I hope to see it in person some day. I love the knife rack and pot rack the most I think. :) The cabinets do look awesome with the wood in the middle, glad we worked that out :)