Thursday, March 21, 2013

This and That

Apologies for the absence in blogging! Life has taken over my life! To catch you up a bit on what has been happening-
Two weeks ago, I got an email from a photographer friend inviting me to go to WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International) in Las Vegas. It is a conference and expo of anything and everything photography. She had bought a pass last minute, which came with a guest pass and asked if I wanted to join. I couldn't pass up the opportunity so I arranged babysitters for the girls, bought a plane ticket, and left 4 days later.
The conference classes were really good. I truly benefited, and it gave me new inspiration for photography.

The scenery wasn't bad either :)

Another perk of Las Vegas was the restaurants. Being a hub that the entire world goes to, people like Emeril Lagasse, Bobby Flay, Tom Colicchio and others have all put restaurants there. Being a foodie as much (or more) as a photographer that part of it was excellent beyond words! I got to eat at Bobby Flay's resaurant, MESA,  (not to be confused with Bobby's Burger Palace, which is on my bucket list), Tom Colicchio's 'wichcraft, and Gordon Ramsay's restaurant, Steak. All excellent meals. 
I felt like God orchestrated the whole trip- Everything worked out with a green light, for which I am so thankful. Everything was so surreal- and I'm at a loss for words with how much I loved the trip and was blessed by it.

The other big thing around here is the continuation of our kitchen re-do. Our new counters come on Tuesday (praise Jesus! I have been working with about 2 feet of counter space) and hopefully we will finish up mid- April. Pictures to come!

I think that is all for now- or at least, all I have time to write about. Up and onward to the next thing on my to-do list!

No comments: