Monday, February 18, 2013

A letter from the President

You may know that Corinne is totally into American History and President stuff. Last fall, for school, I had her write a letter to President George W. Bush. She wrote him a letter telling him about her family, how old she was, etc. And she drew him a picture as well. We mailed it to him hoping for a quick response! That was several months ago now, and I had thoughts about giving up on a reply. I was going to have her write him again, hoping persistence would pay off. But- last Thursday, Corinne went out to check the mail and came running back in with the envelope from George W. Bush, addressed to her.

President Bush thanked her for writing, and thanked her for the picture. He said that he and Mrs. Bush were working on an exhibit to be opening this spring. He also challenged her to do good in school and work hard because the future was in her hands! 


 Very cool, and made me a proud mom! 


Here are a few pics of my 3rd quilt. I named this one "Quadrants" and gave it to one of my high school math teachers who is now a lovely friend and mentor. 




2 comments:

Lauren Snodgrass said...

Love the quilt!! You are making some great progress with your quilting! That's so neat that Corinne got a letter from the president. When I was in 6th grade, I wrote a letter to Pres Bush (older one) and told him that I had the same type of dog that he had (English Springer Spaniel). He wrote me a letter in return with an 8x10 color pic of Millie (his dog)...hehe..at least father and son are good at responding to children's letters!

Kara said...

I love that you named the quilt! Just like Grandpa and his clocks. Must run in the family. :) Its so beautiful!