Friday, September 14, 2012

Back Again

I think we're back now...
I hope life will slow down a bit now.
The last 5.. count 'em FIVE Saturday's have been filled with company, birthdays, or other activities! I'm ready for a normal, nothing-to-do Saturday!

Corinne's Birthday was last Saturday. I took her out last Friday night to do her six year old pictures. But it was windy and cold! We only got about 15 shots in before we threw in the towel to try for another day. Here is one of those to tide you over.

After dinner out on Corinne's birthday, we came back to the house for cupcakes and to open presents.

 I think she had a good birthday. :) She is, however, looking forward to birthday number 8...for "when she can sit in the front seat and paint her own nails."

This summer was a bust for my vegetable and herb garden. The lack of rain was no good.! One plant though , flourished and bloomed! This is called a Passion Flower...The tag said it was named by Spanish missionaries after the crucifixion of Christ. And, even cooler-- it produces little tiny edible fruits! The vine is probably about 8 feet high--all growth from just this summer. I hope it continues to do well in the years to come!


1 comment:

Kara said...

Oh- I love your flower!! Its gorgeous. Hopefully it will stick around for a while. too bad it won't be blooming over Christmas. . . :)