Sunday, January 08, 2012

Saying Goodbye

Not sure how to begin this post...
It is a positive and negative one.
I try to keep an optimistic outlook on things, as I typically am a pessimist.
My friend Trina, pictured below, left last Friday to move to Spokane. Her husband is in the Air Force and got a new assignment.
All I can say about Trina is that she has been the most incredible friend for the last 3 years. It was definitely in God's plan for us to meet, and every day for the last 3 years was blessed because of her.
I have never had a friend (the same age as me) that I have clicked with so well, and enjoyed being with so much. Trina was perfect for that in every way. 
I could go on and on of how great she was/is, what kind of friend she was/is, but I don't think you would grasp the depth of my love and thankfulness for her. So I'll just leave it be, and Trina...you know. ;)
Trina and I on a dinner date before she left
Corinne and Audie had both come to love Trina (and her son, Wes) very much as well. I could not ask for a better role model for them. We all went to get frozen yogurt the day before she left so we could say our goodbyes.
When we got home, we walked in the door and Corinne turned around and looked at me, and then lost it and began to cry. I think she was holding in her emotions the entire time, and then couldn't hold them in any longer. I felt so sad for her, and hated the helpless feeling.

I can't wait to see what the future holds for both of us. Trina is irreplaceable as a (local) friend, but I believe if God takes something away, He replaces it with something better if He chooses to do so!

On another positive note, I have a friend that lives in Spokane. I really can picture the two just hitting it off...
They have exchanged information and will get in touch when Trina arrives in Spokane.
Then, I am hoping to go visit both of them later on this year in the spring!

No comments: