Friday, November 18, 2011

My Lemon Butter Sauce recipe

I had been craving some really good pasta.
I have made cream sauces before, but never wrote down a recipe. I had intended to add shrimp to this dish, but we got all the way through supper, and halfway through washing dishes before I realized I had forgot it!
I hung my head as I had thought about how good it would have been. Ah well. Next time!
Here's the cream sauce recipe.

Jenny's Lemon Butter Cream Sauce
1/2 an onion, minced
1/4 c butter
1T flour
1 1/2 T lemon juice. (I used the kind in the bottle. I'd bet fresh would be even better)
1/4 c heavy cream
1/2 c milk
1/2 c chicken stock
1 t garlic powder
12 oz artichokes

1/2 lb shrimp (don't forget it!)
8 oz angel hair pasta, cooked

Saute the onions in about 1/2 T of Olive Oil. After a couple of minutes move the onions to the side of the pan. Add the butter to the saute pan, and when it melts, add the flour. Stir to incorporate the flour, it will be a thick paste. Add the heavy cream, the milk, and the chicken stock. Bring to a bubble, and reduce the heat. Stir the onions back into the sauce, then give it a taste...add the garlic powder, and salt and pepper until it tastes great to you. Add the artichokes and cook until they are warm.

Mix the sauce with cooked pasta, and top with cooked shrimp. (You can cook the shrimp previously to the onions...I will next time I do it. It would be good to try it blackened on the grill, too)

Serves 2

No comments: