Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's a......

....butterfly!
Remember the "pet" we had a few weeks ago?
We discovered today it became a butterfly!

We went to clean the girls' room today. (room didn't get cleaned due to this distraction)
Audie said, "Corinne! You have a butterfly!"

I was so surprised. I was sure the little guy had died.
(guy? I mean...girl...I mean...whatever it is. It seems it should be a boy when it is a caterpillar, and a lady after it hatches. We'll refer to it as a boy caterpillar, and a lady butterfly. mmmkay?)
I had done my research and everything I read said it takes about two weeks for the change to happen. So it sat on the kitchen counter for two weeks. One week longer than I like things to sit on my counter.
I about gave up on it, cause I was tired of looking at it. I told Brenda (she had found the caterpillars for us) that I was going to "let it go." She told me to hold out. So I moved the jar to the girls room- and a few days later... TA_DAAAAA!!!
I'm so proud.


Totally wish we would have caught the emerging process to watch it, but that's okay!

She stayed still long enough for me to snap lots of pictures!
So beautiful.







It

No comments: