Friday, October 07, 2011

New Stuff

A shout out to all my fellow cilantro lovers!
Last night I made quesedillas with cilantro pesto.
mmmmmmmmyummmmy!

I will share the "recipe" with you--however I put "recipe" in quotes because I never really "follow" recipes.
I dash here, add there, until the taste is right. I'll write down the gist of what went in, and you can make your adjustments to what tastes good to you.


Cilantro Pesto
2 cups packed cilantro
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1-2 jalepenos (again, adjust to how hot or mild you want it.)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 T lime juice
Salt and Pepper to taste

Blend all of the above ingredients in a food processor until smooth.

This made enough to spread heavily on 3 quesedillas. It probably made about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup. I spread it on a grilled tortilla, with grilled chicken, shredded cheese, and carmelized onions. It was very delish. I will make this again and put it on mexican pizza, or use it as a layer on 7 layer dip.

Some more new stuff...
Our living room has a new face!


 My style has really changed over the last few years, and I had enough of the hunter green and beige walls. I love that this is a lot more bright and airy, eclectic, and not so traditional.
 Yes, there is a cow skin hide/rug on my floor.
Haters will be haters.
I love it.
I painted this canvas...
I am NOT a painter.
But this was a fun afternoon project for me and the girls to do, and it was cheap! I had the canvas from way back when, collecting dust in my mom's basement closet. I used a little primer to cover up my middle school project, spent less than $10 on acrylic paint and voila!
I'm totally happy with it for what it is.

1 comment:

tntashour said...

The quesadillas look delicious. Maybe more because of your photography skills than anything ;) And, I'm glad you love your new living room :)