Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Baby Room Finished **Spoiler Alert***

Skip over this post if you want to see the baby room in person! Obviously colors vary from camera to computer monitor, and if you want the full effect, stop by to see this greatness!!


If you remember a while back I posted that my friend Trina asked to design the baby room. I let her have at it, as it was something I wouldn't have to think about! I chose a few colors, gave her a direction, and she did the rest. I am thrilled, she did an incredible job.

This is the sign I have looked at for a little over a month.
Besides a few slips of colors here and there by Corinne, the room was a total surprise to me, and totally worth the wait!
Ready?! Here it is!!!!


Trina converted this light fixture from a lantern! How cool! One of my favorite things in the room.


I was able to have a hand in helping with the room...I made the bumper, and re-covered the rocking chair cushions.


The prints are special gifts from Trina and Mary



Recognize the above painting? It's Trina's artwork from our girls night out/baby shower.

Thanks Les and Jon for giving us your old changing table!!

This post would not be complete without me talking about Mary (pictured left). Mary is Trina's sister in law, living here for a year while she waits on her schooling program to start. Mary has been such a friend to us, the girls love her, and we are blessed to know her. She put in MAJOR man hours in the baby room, and can't express enough how thankful I am in all she did to help Trina get this together! She did the yucky stuff too....sanding, and painting...
Thanks so much for all of your hard work, Mary. I can't wait to introduce our baby to you. We love you!

Great work Trina. I really don't have the words to describe how much this means. Hopefully my reaction said it all :) Love ya.

Final girl or boy touches will come after we find out if the baby is a boy or a girl-- to complete the room's "femininity" or "masculinity".

Now all that's missin' is a baby!!!




6 comments:

Crystal said...

I LOVE IT! It is awesome! Very cool
Good job Trina!

Leslie G said...

I really like it! The changing table looks cool with the orange inside.

Lauren Snodgrass said...

I've been so excited for the reveal!! Trina has described some aspects to me, but the pictures help a ton! Hopefully, I can stop by and see it in person sometime. It looks amazing! Can't wait for the final touch ;)

Shelby Shinkle said...

Way cool! So exciting! Can't wait to see the adorable baby going in that adorable room!

Mary Ashour said...

I loved helping with the room! I would do anything for the Myers family. I love you all and can't wait to meet the new member. I'm so glad You all love it.

tntashour said...

Thank you :) Glad you like it.