Thursday, February 24, 2011

What's in a name?

I'm getting a little on edge.
My baby is not named.

We have a boys name picked out, but not a girls name- and I'm getting a little concerned. I've browsed page after page of baby name books and websites, and nothing just jumps at me.

Matt doesn't seem to be too concerned. Maybe he knows something I dont. Maybe he knows it's a boy, so he's not worried about a girls name. I hope he didn't cheat...

I happen to like names that aren't popular. Ones that are on the bottom of the popularity chart. I like the idea of Corinne being the only "Corinne" most people will probably know. Same with Audie. It's memorable. It's unique. So to find a name that's not at the top of everyone's list, but not super-weird is tough to do.

I thought of a name today that I really LOVE... it's too crazy for a first name, but beautiful for a middle name. Now just to run it by Matt and see what he thinks. My hopes aren't high.

Now, on the flip side. I'd hate to have this beautiful/cool/unique/awesome/pretty name picked out for a girl, and then it be a boy. Same goes for our boy name. It's really cool, and I'll be slightly disappointed if I don't get to use it.

Sheesh.

This would all be easier if I'd just open that stinkin' envelope.

Nah, the surprise is fun. I'll continue to scroll through those pages of baby names. And still, Matt and I's agreement was that he couldn't look in the envelope until we had both a boy and a girl name picked out. He doesn't seem to be in any hurry, but when is Matt in a hurry?


No comments: