Friday, December 17, 2010

Non existent Normal

Oh. My. Stars. This week is beyond crazy and a week that makes me thankful that weeks like this don't repeat themselves that often. Last week, Audie came down with the flu. She got better after 24 hours, and after 4 days of the rest of us not getting it, I thought we were in the clear. But I was wrong. Both Corinne and I got the flu on Sunday.
Monday morning Matt started in with the stomach pains, he thought it was the flu too. But his stomach pains didn't go away. After 6 hours of the pain and tenderness in his stomach, he decided to take himself to the ER as he didn't think he had just the flu.
I felt so bad for him driving himself...and going by himself, but I knew I did not have the strength and energy to help him and contain the girls in the waiting room of a hospital. We figured he could go get it checked out and I'd join him after I found a babysitter that afternoon.

He texted me a bit later telling me he was going in for a scan.

He texted me a bit after that telling me he would be having surgery later that day to have his appendix removed.

I pulled myself together and found all the strength I had in me to get the girls put together to go to grandmas so I could join Matt at the hospital.

I arrived right when he got out of surgery and had to wait for him to recover. It was good for me to have an hour or so by myself to kind of get my thoughts processed and let reality hit me. Being tired and hungry and weak was not a good combination, but I was too nervous to eat.

The surgery went well, and he was in the hospital over night. We are glad he decided to get it looked at when he did, it could have been much worse.

Still not feeling the best the day after his surgery, I decided I needed some help and we called Matt's mom to come stay with us for a couple of days to help out with the girls. She was here that afternoon and helped out so much. Caught up my laundry, cleaned, did dishes etc. She was great.

Matt is still moving around slowly, but doing better. He did have a fever last night, we called his doctor, and he said not to be alarmed until it shows up with other symptoms. Pray that it doesn't turn into anything and that he can be well enough to get back to work on Monday.

1 comment:

Lauren Snodgrass said...

Wow! I can see why you don't want to repeat the week! Hope you are all back to full health soon. Let me know if you need anything at all. I'd be happy to help!