Friday, September 10, 2010

So long....

My VW is gone...
We sold it last night.

I'm really not sure why I held onto it for so long. I guess I thought that one day I'd have some extra cash to put into it and restore it fully.
But I realized that while it just sat there, it was going to it's grave and it was time for it to go.

I loved that bug. I loved the smell inside, and I loved the sound that the door made when it closed.

We put it on Craigslist, and it sold in less than 24 hours. I couldn't be more happy with the buyers. Dalton, a 15 year old kid is going to fix it up with his dad and drive it to school next year. He has wanted a VW for years, read about them, collected them, envied them... (same story as mine!) His mom said this VW was waiting for him. I like that idea. I am happy that it goes to someone who will fix it up and enjoy it!!

I told Corinne I was sad that we were selling it. She replied, "It's ok mom, we still have the Pilot."

1 comment:

Leslie G said...

HAhA, Corinne is funny!